Welcome to Part 2 of Finding Web Page Publish Dates when they’re not displayed on a page. Why would you care? Well, you have your reasons. Please see Part 1 of this topic to get a sense of why we’re bothering to look at this stuff.
In any case, continuing then…
- See if images have a date stamp.
- Click on an image or right click and open in a new window. See if the URL has a date stamp on it.
- A more extreme option might be to look at image info to see if there’s EXIF data in the image with a date. This doesn’t necessarily tell you much as the image could have been taken any time. Maybe it’s years old stock photography.
- Try Google’s Structured Data Tool.
- The tool is to help web site creators validate data within their pages. But it can also be used for discovery.